I Needed Business Advice
When I first became a Pilates instructor, I was searching for advice on how to run my Pilates business. My original Pilates training was great for teaching me how to teach Pilates but had very little information for how to get new Pilates clients, retain Pilates clients, what to charge them, how to open a studio and basically all the things that one needs to know when they are a Pilates entrepreneur. So, I absorbed all the business info I could from entrepreneurial books and fellow Pilates instructors. And, then I wrote my book Profitable Pilates: Everything but the exercises. To this day I still get my business inspiration from a variety of places.
What I Found
Here are my top 10 places for getting great tips and advice:
- How I built this by NPR
- The Tim Ferris Show
- Pilates Unfiltered with Jenna Zaffino
- Unemployable with Brian Clark
- Profitable Pilates: Everything But the exercises e-book (in English and Spanish)
- Fire Starter Sessions Danielle LaPorte
- Daring Greatly and Braving the Wilderness Brene Brown
- “Start with Why” Simon Sinek
- Strength Finders 2.0 (take their quiz)
- “What to do when it’s your turn (and it’s always your turn)” Seth Godin
Do you have a favorite book or podcast that has inspired your Pilates business? I would love to hear it! Share it below with our readers.