In a perfect world, clients would just grow on trees, right? But, while this world is pretty great clients instead come to us through variations forms of marketing. And, it’s important to know what these different routes to you are and use them to attract your ideal clients. Because even if your schedule is full someday you will need another client or few. Your favorite clients will move. You will move. And, so something you can guarantee you’ll need to have set up in your business is a way to consistently attract new clients to you. Here are 6 of my favorite tips for getting new clients.
- Be Known in Your Community: This means getting outside your studio and going to networking events, community events, add meeting local business owners in your neighborhood. The more people know who you are, what you do, and whom you are for the more they can tell people who complain about not feeling good, having aches and pains, looking for a trainer that you are the rockstar teacher for them!
- Add So Much Value: to your community, clients and if you’re a studio owner your teachers that people sing your praises! If you focus on your existing one or few clients truly feeling the benefits of Pilates with you they will feel the need to reciprocate and will share your good words to everyone!
- Make Your Website Work For You: This means you have to have a website and keep it updated. One of the best ways to do that is to blog weekly (yes, weekly) about the top things people search on the internet that you can help with! Consistent blogging keeps your website updated, helps your SEO (the thing that drives traffic to your site) and shares who you are and what you do with those who come on your site.
- Create an Email Campaign: this is something I cover in my courses “Client Journey” and “Take Your Newsletters to the Next Level.” This includes having something on your site that exchanges a potential clients email for something of value and then an email campaign that you write one time and it guides people to your core offering.
- Client Referral Rewards Program: I am not a fan of discounts for new clients. I truly believe in rewarding existing clients for sharing how awesome you are. And, there are many ways you can do this. All depend on what your services are and their prices. For my business, I give a free late cancel, a sort of get out of jail free card, for every new client that buys a package. They have to buy a package for the reward to be kicked in. And, you’ll want to remind your clients of this reward program regularly.
- Talk to Strangers: Yep, if you want new clients you got to get out there in the world and tell strangers who you are, what you do and whom you are for. You cannot wait for clients to walk by your doors and hand you their credit card. That doesn’t happen often enough to pay your bills. So, get out there, make eye contact. Get told no. It will help you refine your pitch and also who you are looking to talk to. If you are fishing in a pond of cheap fish switch ponds!
I would love to hear which of these tips you are going to try this week. Post your plan in the comments below.
- How to Choose the Right Scheduling Platform For Your Business - July 6, 2020
- Can You Make Money Teaching Pilates and Give Back? - June 29, 2020
- Tips for Becoming Known Online - June 22, 2020