How Worthy Are You
It doesn’t take long as a Pilates Instructor, Fitness Trainer, or any other service provider to hear the objections to their offer. In all honesty, if you are not hearing objections to your services then you are not charging enough or you’re probably not setting boundaries in your schedule. Objections to what we offer are going to happen. Learning how to overcome or get ahead of them is key. And, all of that comes down to you owning who you are, what you do, and how much you are worthy!
In a recent workshop, I was co-leading one of you readers mentioned that your biggest fear in presenting is not feeling worthy. Man, that hit me in my heart. I so get that feeling. It’s pretty common to think “there are others who are better at this than I am…” or insert some other form of imposter syndrome here. But, the truth is this, you are the only person who can teach what you teach, the way you teach it to the people that hear you. And so, even if you can find a way to convince me that someone else is better suited to teach on that topic I am still going to say You should be doing it! If it’s your passion and it helps people you gotta do it.
And, here’s the thing guys, whether you want to present or just fill your schedule or classes if you don’t feel worthy you won’t be able to overcome objections. I don’t care how inexpensive you are or how many time slots you can offer it won’t work. You have to know your worth. You have to own your worth. And when you do, objections will just bounce right off of you.
10 Tips to Owning Your Worth
- Do not think about your wallet when setting prices.
- Remember you are not selling Pilates (barre, personal training, etc) you are showing them how you are the guide for them. That they can trust you. And, the money is just an energy exchange. They pay you for the energy you are going to give back to them.
- Be in Demand. Do not ask them when they want to come in. You tell them. If they can schedule you anytime you won’t get in the schedule at all.
- Fish in the right pond. If you are hearing you are too expensive all the time then where are you advertising? Where are you throwing your bait in? Switch your ponds.
- No more discounts on your services. When you discount your time you tell people that your time is not worth the original price. Find ways to add value and keep your prices up.
- Look for evidence of what you believe to be true. If you think you’re not worthy you will only see evidence proving that. If you think you are you will see the evidence proving you are.
- Work backward! Whether you’re trying to figure out prices or your goals, to-dos for tomorrow. You need to see the big picture and work backward.
- Give yourself validation first. Seeking validation from outside yourself is risky. You never know what people are going to say. Know why you rock, own that and tell yourself it every day.
- Know who the 5 people whose opinions of you matter, tell them and anyone else you have to let their words slide right on by.
- Fire clients who do not treat you right. If you’ve set boundaries, had those tough conversations and still they want to complain about your availability, price or time then find them another option that doesn’t include you. It’s ok, you will replace that income with a client who uplifts you!
My friend, objections are real. They can sting and they can get you guessing if you’re in the right place. But, remember the 4 agreements: Do the best you can, be true to your word, make no assumptions, and don’t take things personally. If they are the right client for you then you can’t say the wrong thing to them. And, you’ll never say the right things to the wrong people.
Write down whose opinion of you matters and tell them
Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are awesome, you are worthy and you can do hard things.
PS if you need to talk more about this then let’s set up a call or check out my online coaching group- AGENCY where you submerge yourself in a community that uplifts and helps you see how worthy you are.