When your schedule already feels full it can feel impossible to work on a new goal. You want to start teaching a new class, offer a workshop or lead a retreat but you barely have time to do the admin of your business. You’re tired of saying “when I have time.” Or, “if I wasn’t so busy I’d be doing…” And, you’re feeling stuck, frustrated or anxious because you’re feeling called to grow and your schedule doesn’t have any more room for what’s next. Sound like you?
I hear ya. I too have tried to use the excuse “I’m too busy.” When it came to why I wasn’t working on one of my goals.
And, sure, I am busy. I was busy. And I’ll likely be busy tomorrow.
We are all busy. But being busy isn’t an excuse for not doing the thing you want.
It’s likely fear.
And that’s ok.
It also might be limiting beliefs that you can be the person to do what it is you want to do.
Or, maybe you’re waiting for it to be “ready.”
But, truth, if you’re wanting to add a new offering, or create a new income stream, or be able to take on a potential opportunity you will make the time.
And, creating space for what you want is the way to getting what you want.
So, how do you do that?
One of my members of AGENCY asked: “How do I make room to offer workshops when my schedule is already full?”
Here’s how to make room for new offerings, opportunities, and income streams
- You need to get out of your own way. Know the big picture but don’t get stuck there. You only need to know the first next step.
- Practice a schedule that prioritizes working on things that will move the nerd forward in your business. You can check out my blog on “Rocks, Pebbles, sand theory.”
- Take messy action. Don’t make it “perfect.” There is no such thing anyways. Do the thing as best ya can and learn from it. There is no such thing as failure, there is only feedback.
- Find accountability and support. In my coaching group AGENCY members post their goals. This helps them get support, ideas and a biggie, accountability!
- Set a deadline. You may miss it but a deadline forces you to take action.
- Do it scared. I’m scared most of the time. You can’t control anything. All you can control is what actions you take and then the rest will fall as it may.
- Delegate! If you know your numbers then you know how much you can pay someone to do work for you that doesn’t bring you joy, doesn’t bring you money and costs you less than what you make to pay them to do it. I do all my copy my friend but I don’t schedule any of my newsletters. I film all the tutorials but I don’t edit or schedule any of them. It costs me 1/4th of what I charge for an hour to pay someone else to do that work. More tips on hiring here.
- Things will take as long as you let it. If you give yourself 20 min to do something you’d be amazed at what you can get done. Give it an hour and it’ll take an hour. So, don’t wait for time. Try to do the thing in the few moments you have and see what you can get done.
- Done is better than perfect.
If you follow these tips I can guarantee you’ll learn more about what you want, you’ll see possibilities for the path, you’ll learn a ton about yourself and you keep doing it a year from now you’ll see those new offerings, income streams or opportunities coming to fruition.
It’s easy to look at someone else’s success and think “it was so easy for them.” Or, “they’re lucky.” But the truth is that person just started working on their thing one day at a time. One scared moment at a time. And, you can too!
So, what are you waiting for?
PS here is a course on creating more income streams if that idea intrigues you!