Goal setting for your Pilates or Fitness business is key. I know a lot of people think sometimes setting goals can be on the “woo” side or put unnecessary pressure on your business. But, if you don’t have an idea of where you want to grow it’s easy for other peoples goals to become your goals. These can be your client’s goals, another teacher, studios and more. Goal setting doesn’t mean you can’t change your mind. But, taking the time to set some and start working on them will help you refine and develop your vision.
When I first set goals for my business I thought I was thinking big! I thought it would take me 10 years to do what I wanted to do. But, as I started to do the things I will share with you below it became clear that my vision was going to happen sooner. And, it revealed opportunities that I didn’t even know were possible. Some of the goals on my sheet I ended up crossing off without achieving. That’s ok too! Sometimes goals sneak on our plate that sound good just not for us today or ever.
If you already have your goals handy you can skip the first part. But, you may want to do it anyways.
- Take some time to go for a walk and clear your head or get away from any distractions. If you bring your phone with you put it on airplane mode.
- Pick a date in the future and picture where you are. I often like to pick my birthday but you can pick any day. Where are you? Who are you with? What are you doing? If you are celebrating you what are people saying about you?
- What does a week in the life of you look like?
- write it all out! Seriously, brain dump away. Don’t let any thoughts stop you. You have endless amounts of time and money in this exercise.
Then, once you can see how you spend your time in the future and what people are celebrating you for write out all those things as a goal. For example, if in three years I am living in an airstream six months of the year traveling the states and teaching classes then I would have the deadline three years from now a) live in an airstream b) teach pop up classes. Which means that 30 months from now I probably should have purchased the air stream already. Two years from now I should have a good list of people around the country to visit and help me create pop up classes. A year from now I should be offering up opportunities that add value to people around the states. Six months from now I should try bopping around and doing road trips and making sure I like driving around and being somewhat nomadic. Next week I am planning a road trip somewhere to teach a class and try this goal on for size.
See how I did that?
Now it’s your turn! Feel free to share your goals and reverse engineered plan below. If you’re struggling to see the roadmap. Don’t worry. This is something I work on with almost every member in my online coaching group AGENCY. I’m happy to help you see if the group or a one-one-one call is what you need to take the first next step towards your personal goals!
- Why You Need a Reopening Plan Too - May 25, 2020
- Should You Charge Different Prices For Virtual or In-Person Sessions? - May 11, 2020
- Short Cuts to Getting Clients, Getting Paid and Getting Known - April 27, 2020