While flying here to my home in Siem Reap, Cambodia I saw that the movie “The Pursuit of Happiness” was available. I decided not to watch it after I cried at the end of “The Female Brain.” But, it reminded me of something I had heard recently. That they have done lots of studies and what people are looking for is not happiness. It’s Purpose.
|synonyms:||motive, motivation, grounds, cause, impetus, occasion, reason, point, basis, justification More|
Well, isn’t that interesting? This whole time as adults we are working so hard at trying to be happy. But, really, what we want is a purpose.
And, if you’re reading this thinking, I am doing my purpose and I am not happy.
I wonder if you’re focusing on that happiness instead of diving in deep to fully enjoying your purpose?
I know for me when I took a moment to realize how lucky I am to be doing what I feel is my purpose today life got a little easier. My steps got a little lighter. My smile a bit brighter.
If you’re reading this because you haven’t figured out your purpose yet. Two things you can try this week
- What is it that people often ask you for? What are the questions you are constantly answering? How can what you know be wrapped differently than what you’re doing with it today?
- And, then, try those ideas out! Here’s the thing, even if #1 leads to a dead end CLARITY COMES FROM ACTION. You can think your purpose into being.
No matter if you know your purpose or you don’t this week try to reframe your drive towards purpose rather than happiness. See what happens!
Latest posts by Lesley Logan (see all)
- Notes 2 Inspire: Some Meetings are Just For a Moment - May 23, 2019
- How to Manage Teachers in Your Studio and Not Go Crazy - May 20, 2019
- Notes 2 Inspire: What Are You NOT Doing? - May 16, 2019