People often comment on how I have more hours in the day. I take this as a compliment! If people think I have more hours in a day, then that means I’m getting my work done and making work look easy. Ok, maybe now I’m gloating a bit too much.
But, as a Pilates instructor, like you, my days are super packed. I have clients to teach, bill, research, and plan sessions for. I have my Pilates practice, hobbies, life, dogs, etc. all to fit into the same amount of time in a day.
As Pilates instructors, we have to promote our businesses and work in our businesses, and you know, have a freaking life! So, how do you do it?
The simple answer is time management. (Insert eye roll here) But, what does that mean anyway?
If you were on my “Teaching your Schedule” webinar, then you already know my best tips for creating a plan that works for you. If you missed it then check out this course “Never a Dull Moment” to get those tips and then add these-
1) Write out your goals for the week and then spread them over each day of the week. Each day you can review the intentions of the day, but if you don’t look ahead, it’s easy to miss out on important projects or feel behind. Waking up and writing down what you need to do that day is awesome. But, if you are not aware of how today effects tomorrow and next month and next year then you will burn out so quick. It will feel like all your efforts don’t amount to anything. But, planning ahead allows you to make each day important because it’s part of a whole plan.
2) Get an assistant!! Before you roll your eyes at me via my blog (again), hear me out. I know they cost money! But, having someone do the things that you hate doing will give you more time than they take up. Now, if you can’t afford a whole person then get creative. What can you delegate off or schedule out in advance? If your clients do their scheduling online, that eliminates your need to text and remind them of sessions. Again, notes from my webinar or course will help out with this part. But, having set teaching hours your clients can commit to will help you know when you are working and having a system that reminds them will allow you more time to do all the other things. Bonus, you’ll know in advance when you work in person with clients and when you will have time for other things…like life!
3) Auto send your social media! Alright, my friends, this is my biggest key to having a life and getting your social stuff done! If you follow my social media, it’s no secret. I don’t hide it all most all my posts say “published by Coschedule.” I use Coschedule to post all of my weekly posts on Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I can write one post and choose all my handles or I can pick and choose which handles will get what post.
Sure, I do live messaging, especially on my personal pages. But, my business profiles I know in advance all the messages I need to send. Think about it…you probably know yours too.
I sit down at the beginning of every month and write out all the projects I have. I organize all my thoughts and then which social channels have to promote it. I then schedule out my posts on each of my handles using CoSchedule. Every week I review and add anything that is missing.
CoSchedule is an editorial calendar for your blog and content marketing that keeps you insanely organized while saving you tons of time.
Trust me I am not tech savvy. You know that part where I said: “hire an assistant?” Well, I hired a whole tech team! But, my social posts are all me my Pilates pros! I even write my blog posts like this one in CoSchedule, and underneath the post, I can schedule the social that goes along with it in the post! Then I just hit the check mark and done. A whole blog post and all it’s social are ready to go for the week.
The best part is …drum roll please….just recently they launched an app which allowed me to do tons of scheduling while in traffic coming home from a weekend away. Yep, I taught a whole week, took a trip and still got my social marketing done and never had to open my computer!
Teachers, one of the biggest reasons we feel like we don’t have enough time is that to do all the things that go along with having a Pilates business means being online as much as we are in person teaching. And, I get it, I got into teaching Pilates, so I didn’t have to be at a computer gig.
But, ever since I started using CoSchedule (over a year now) I have had more time and more energy. Plus, I actually can use it (HootSuite and some other scheduling systems were too big and too techy for me). Every week I get an email telling me how my blogs did. Which is an added bonus? My tech team is always aware, but a user-friendly email designed just for me (ok maybe not just for me) is a huge bonus to letting me know what’s working and what’s not.
Lastly, CoSchedule will help you learn how to schedule and what to schedule. Yep, they’ve got a blog and tutorials too!
So, that’s my big secret for having more hours in my day. I have my business stuff auto post so that I can spend my time in real life talking to you, walking my dogs, doing my Pilates and you know, all the things!
Check out the tutorial video on their awesomeness here and get a discount on using my name here!!
Ready to have more of a life?
Not sure, if this will work for you? I can totally help you figure out what to schedule and Coschedules “Best time” will help you determine when to schedule!
Ps…all the links to CoSchedule are unique promo codes so you and I benefit from using them. Or you can simply go to Coschedule.com and do your thing!
Latest posts by Lesley Logan (see all)
- How to Start Becoming Known for Pilates in Your Community - October 16, 2017
- Goal: Set, Delete, Repeat! - October 9, 2017
- How to Direct Your Clients to YOU! - October 2, 2017